Updated: Apr 14, 2022
Compassion fatigue is becoming more and more of an issue for many. In turbulent times, especially when we are experiencing an unprecedented amount of global uncertainty, coupled with a global rhetoric of working from home, whilst juggling childcare/household duties, unexpected financial strain, and societal encouragement and expectation to provide emotional support to others wherever possible, there is no surprise that showing compassion to yourself and others is becoming more and more of a struggle. If you are reading this and this is resonating with you, please know that you are not alone. Below are some signs of compassion fatigue:
Finding it difficult to empathise
Feeling irritable and tense
Mental, physical and emotional exhaustion
Feeling burnt out
A lowered tolerance to stress
Feeling unproductive and ineffective with work
So, now we have identified compassion fatigue, what is compassion accountability and how can an awareness help protect you against compassion fatigue?
Compassion accountability is a form of emotional training which encourages boundary setting. This is particularly important for empaths and those with empathic natures. The best way to explain it, is that its the sweet spot between treating yourself with kindness and compassion and being able to hold yourself accountable. Those who are predisposed to experiencing seasons of low self-esteem find this form of emotional training difficult. This is because holding accountability for situations, emotions and/or thought patterns can quickly spiral into your inner critical voice becoming louder and ultimately may even lead to it becoming uncontrollable. This is why I led with treating yourself with kindness and compassion first and foremost. To make myself clear, I have a diagram that explains the importance of compassion accountability:
Struggling with barriers and blocks? Do you need help in these areas?
1. Building confidence and self-esteem
2. Reducing stress and anxiety
3. Rewiring limiting belief systems
4. Setting goals and taking intentional action
Access to my 4 part online programmes are now LIVE! so what's inside?
Each of the areas above are broken down into 4 parts. You can do these at your own pace but I recommend trying to do each workbook one week apart. Each week you will dive deep into your chosen focus, with each workbook designed to be tailored to your unique needs.
After you complete the 4 weeks, you will:
1. Know exactly where you are and how this barrier presents itself in your life
2. Know how to recognise triggers/blocks/mental and physical reactions
3. Know exactly how to adopt a compassion-based approach to overcome your triggers/blocks/mental and physical reactions
4. Have a heightened sense of self-awareness that will promote your journey long term
have focus, drive, motivation and passion for moving forward
5. Know exactly what direction you need to take because you have put the work in to get clear on what that looks like!
6. Long term freedom from your old ways thinking and feeling.
On demand programmes are a one off payment of only £27. You can find more information of each programme at www.jessicasadams.com/ondemand